So…. We’ve been busy! We have been making White Chocolate Advent Wreaths.
You will need…
Mixed Chopped Nuts (optional)
1 Birthday Candle
Plate or board
Q. What are real Advent wreaths made out of?
A. Evergreen leaves like Holly or Pine branches.
1. Start by melting the white chocolate. Then add the Cornflakes, mixed chopped nuts (optional) and a little of the coconut. When it is mixed together it should look like this…
Q. Why do we use evergreen branches?
A. To remind us of the Eternal Life we will have in heaven.
2. Get a board or a large plate and put a cup faced down in the centre. Spoon your mixture around the cup to create your round wreath shape.
Q. Why are Christmas wreaths circle shaped?
A. Because a circle has no beginning and no end – just like God has no beginning and no end.
3. Carefully remove the cup and sprinkle on some more coconut.
Q. How many weeks are there in Advent?
4. Place 4 cherries on your wreath and one in the centre. Stick a birthday candle in the centre cherry.
Q. Why do we light candles during Advent and Christmas?
A. To remind us that Jesus is the ‘Light of the World’.
5. Start feeling rather proud of yourself for creating such a beautiful edible Advent wreath!
6. Share that feeling with those around you! Then place your wreath into the fridge to set.
7. Lick the bowl.
Q. Why do we have Advent?
A. To help us prepare for the coming of baby Jesus at Christmas.
For a more in-depth answer of Why do we have Advent? look here… http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/series/introduction-to-advent/
And now, while your baby does this…
You can have one of these…
And ponder why on earth that recent Vatican survey was written in such complicated language!